Places to Visit in Dehradun
Apart from these tourist places, there are a wide number of Buddhist monasteries and temples for religious tourists to take a visit. To summarise, Dehradun stands as a unique location for touring. "
By Admin -
Jan 09, 2020
What excites a person more than touring to the white, cloudy ambiance with thick, dark oak and maple trees spread here and there, giving a calm and cosy feel? Yes, it is all about Dehradun in Uttar Pradesh. Even though, Dehradun is being called the administrative city during the British period; still in the tourism sector, it is consid
red as one of the most important cities in the Indian subcontinent. The hill stations in Dehradun are the most exciting, and they attract a large number of tourists throughout the year. Let us take a look at the tourist destinations in Dehradun:
- Lacchiwalla – An exotic green environment with embracing scenery; this is just an amazing place to visit! Lacchiwalla is sought mostly by nature lovers and honeymoon couples as it is enclosed by attractive cottages and hotels in and around the destination. It lies as the most visited tourist destination in Dehradun throughout the year.
- Sahastradhara – If you want to enjoy the beauty of the mild waterfall, which contains unique mineral “Sulphur”, you can visit the Sahastradhara waterfall. Despite its content, its gradual flow down the rocks is stunning to watch. Situated just 120 kilometres from the city center, it is visited by tourists throughout the year because of its perennial flow. Buses and other means of transport are made available by the Uttar Pradesh tourism department.
- Har ki Dun – Located three thousand meters above the sea level, Har ki Dun lies as a silent tourism attraction in Dehradun. Covered with snowy caps with generalized slopes surrounded by the deodar trees, it is one of the dominating tourist attractions especially for skiing and other adventure tourists.
- Paltan Bazaar – This bazaar is located in the city center and so it is easily reachable. After you are done with the natural attractions you can visit the bazaar to buy some traditional items, handicrafts and other edible geographically indication induced food items. This bazaar creates a refreshing feel for the tourists and a glimpse of the Uttar Pradesh economy.
- Goolar Khalla – the tiger valley camping in the village located in Dehradun, gives an amazing experience of tiger species. The tiger safari is more special in this camping which gives the tourists a stunning feel.
- Zonal Museum – It is the best place for history lovers as it contains art crafts and vessels and utensils used by the ancient people, their culture and traditions and their way of life. The hierarchy and the chronology is well maintained which attracts several archaeologists to visit this museum. This museum is maintained by the Uttar Pradesh government. It is located just 4 to 5 kilometres from the city center.
- Adventure trekking – For trekkers, Dehradun offers a wide number of trekking locations like the Bali Pass, Jwala Devi Pass, Kedarkantha Pass, Rupin Pass, etc. These passes offer a wonderful experience for first-time trekkers as they do not create many difficulties.
Apart from these tourist places, there are a wide number of Buddhist monasteries and temples for religious tourists to take a visit. To summarise, Dehradun stands as a unique location for touring.